This policy describes the processing of your personal data by John Julian in relation to your use of our website www.johnjulian.co.uk.
When you shop on this website, we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
Why we need this information:
- To take payments and issue refunds
- arrange the delivery of your purchases with our preferred courier company
- send you updates on your order via email
- contact you via telephone should an issue arise with your order
- send you information about our products, sales, and offers (if you have opted in to receive these)
- fraud detection and prevention
- To ensure compliance with applicable laws and legal processes including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, tax, investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation and to law enforcement agencies)
- for research and analysis in order to understand what you, and other customers like in order to help us refine our products and website experience.
In addition, if you contact us for example, by email, by telephone, on Social Media, or in private message we may keep a record of that communication so that we can provide customer service and support.
We will also keep a record of your purchase history
We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, and how you used our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
Information collected when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type, how you use our website and app (such as the pages you visit and the products you look at) and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data.
We use this to identify you when you visit our website so that we can give you the best experience.
We also use this data to improve our website so we can provide the best shopping experience.
We also use this data to show you John Julian adverts as you browse the web so that we can show you things that we think you will like.
We may occasionally anonymise and aggregate this information for statistical or survey purposes to improve our website and its services to you; and to protect our website against fraud. We may also share this anonymised information with third parties who help us develop new products and hone our services.
We use online advertising to help you discover our products and keep you up to date with what we are up to.
You may see John Julian banners and ads when you are on other websites and apps, such as Social Media. We manage this through a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges. We also use a range of advertising technologies.
The banners and ads you see are based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of John Julian (for example, your John Julian search history, and the content you read on John Julian) or on John Julian banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
For more information on our use of advertising technologies and Cookies, please see our cookie notice
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable General Data Protection Regulation and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
In order to provide our services to you, we share your data with the following:
- Companies that help us get our products to you such as payment service providers and delivery companies
- Service providers such as our website host
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies
If you have opted in to receive our marketing emails, we will send you these, to keep you informed of our new products, offers, studio sales and news.
You can stop receiving these at any time by either
- clicking the unsubscribe link in any email
- contacting us via email: email@example.com
YOUR INFORMATION WITH US
We will keep your information on file for as long as you have your account with John Julian, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you.
We may need to store some of your information for longer than the period above if it is necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes or enforce our terms and conditions.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right of access to the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to correct information – if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you’re entitled to have it corrected.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to withdraw consent for consent-based processing and marketing emails.
- The right to request, in certain circumstances, the personal information you have provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator. If you have a concern about our privacy practices, you can report it to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
INTEREST-BASED ONLINE ADVERTISING AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We use this to understand how our site is being used in order to improve the user experience. All data collected is anonymous. Further information on Google Analytics can be found at: Google Analytics Privacy Overview.
We may sometimes use Google Analytics’ third-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understanding the behaviour of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising at www.aboutads.info/choices and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at www.google.com/ads/preferences. Because those opt-out and preference control pages are specific to the individual browser used to visit it, and because that page is not operated by John Julian, we are unable to perform the opt-outs on your behalf.
John Julian is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with our Privacy statement above.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
We use Facebook services to deliver advertising to you whilst you are online. This includes advertising on other platforms owned by Facebook, such as Instagram.
Please visit the various Facebook pages which allow you to learn more about Facebook ads and tracking technologies and to update your ad preference settings :
Please use the following link if you wish to opt out of remarketing pixels and technologies: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Please be are that if you have opted out of receiving our email marketing communications via the methods described above, you may still see our non-targeted adverts whilst you are online. This may be because your interests on Facebook are assigned to an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook) which our business is also associated with. This is not something we control so cannot prevent ads being displayed to you in this instance. Please see the relevant links above for details on how to learn more and manage Facebook ad settings.
For more information on how to set your browser to control (delete or block) cookies, visit www.ico.org.uk